As of the start of 2019 the Lower Macungie Fire Department consists of 3 stations and over 77 dedicated men and women. We proudly protect 35,000 people living in an area over 23 square miles. We are a 100% Volunteer Department responding between 550– 650 calls a year. Thank you to our family, friends, and community that support us in our efforts to serve the Borough of Alburtis and Lower Macungie Township with professional service and pride.
Lower Macungie Fire department was incorporated as a 501c3 in 1998. It was previously the fire department portion of the Wescosville Fire Company established in 1924. The social quarters’ side and the firefighting side formally separated in 1998 when LMFD was incorporated and operations ran out of the Wescosville Station on Brookside Road. In 2010 the department split its operation between two stations in order to better serve the sprawling growth in Lower Macungie Township The second station is our Brandywine station located on Sauerkraut Lane. To increase operational efficiency and to ensure the department continues to provide the best service it can LMFD merged with the Alburtis Fire Department to better serve the western portion of the township as housing and industrial development continues to spread across the township. The Alburtis Fire Department was established in 1915 to serve the residents of Alburtis Borough.