5 carbon monoxide safety tips

Along with the cold temperatures, snow and ice, winter also brings unpredictable dangers, including the threat of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, CO poisoning is the number one cause of accidental poisonings in the U.S. Referred to as the “silent killer,” CO is a colorless, odorless and … Continue reading 5 carbon monoxide safety tips

8 fire safety tips that could help save your life

Having working smoke alarms in your home is as important as wearing a seatbelt in your car. It’s a necessity that protects you and your loved ones. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), approximately three out of five home fire deaths occur in residences with no working smoke alarms or without any smoke … Continue reading 8 fire safety tips that could help save your life

LOWER MACUNGIE TOWNSHIP OUTSIDE BURNING POLICY & RESTRICTIONS

Lower Macungie Township has officially adopted ordinance number: § 10-406 Open Burning, Recreational Fire and Portable Outdoor Fireplace Restrictions. [Ord. 2012-10, 11/15/2012, § 6] Outside or Open burning within Lower Macungie is only allowed under certain conditions and restrict ions without a permit if the fire is contained within an approved container and meets the criteria listed … Continue reading LOWER MACUNGIE TOWNSHIP OUTSIDE BURNING POLICY & RESTRICTIONS

carbon monoxide detector

Carbon Monoxide Detectors FAQ

Copyright 1995, H. Brandon Guest and Hamel Volunteer Fire Department Rights to reproduce granted provided copyright information and this statement included in their entirety. This document provided for informational purposes only. No warranty with respect to suitability for use expressed or implied.   What is carbon monoxide (CO) and why do I need a carbon … Continue reading Carbon Monoxide Detectors FAQ

Carbon Monoxide Information

What is carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the “Invisible Killer” because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 150 people in the Unites States die every year from accidental nonfire-related CO poisoning associated with consumer products, including generators. Other products include faulty, improperly-used or incorrectly-vented fuel-burning appliances such as … Continue reading Carbon Monoxide Information